Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DAGMT 2014 Challenge - Update 1

How does the quote go?

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry (Bonus points if you know where this comes from without Googling it).

I could tell you why I think I have not finished as many things as I had wanted to - but the easiest answer is the one that seems to trip me up more than any other. I tend to bite off way more than I can chew. I over-commit myself and I severely underestimate how much time I will need to finish said project(s).

That said however I can report that there are TWO completed items off my list



This is an older comforter that was on one of the beds in the girls' room. However the stitching had come loose and during a wash all the wadding inside shifted and bunched.

I removed the old ties, stripped out the old filling, repaired the stitching as best I could before re-stuffing and re-tying the comforter so it can again be used in their room.




 
These are test blocks for a new pattern being developed by Beth Helfter - the creator of the DAGMT Challenge. I was supposed to mail them on the 10th - but they went out today.

I think I like how they turned out but there are things about the directions I would change if it were up to me.





I am coming to terms with the idea that I am NOT going to be submitting a piece for the Notable Women contest as even with the longer time frame for preparation I have not touched the project for two months. No way is it going to be ready by Saturday.


Here then are my hours so far. I cannot always seem to just do a little each day .... not really sure why.

Date
Time that day
Total time MTD
1-Feb-14
3 hr 0 min
3 hr 0 min
2-Feb-14
0
3 hr 0 min
3-Feb-14
1 hr 0 min
4 hr 0 min
4-Feb-14
0
4 hr 0 min
5-Feb-14
0
4 hr 0 min
6-Feb-14
0 hr 30 min
4 hr 30 min
7-Feb-14
0
4 hr 30 min
8-Feb-14
1 hr 0 min
5 hr 30 min
9-Feb-14
3 hr 0 min
8 hr 30 min
10-Feb-14
0
8 hr 30 min
11-Feb-14
2 hr 0 min
10 hr 30 min
12-Feb-14
0 hr 45 min
11 hr 15 min

No comments:

Post a Comment