Saturday, February 1, 2020

2020 SCA Birka Garb Challenge - Part 3

So ... Another Birka is in the books. I am constantly amazed at the range of creativity and talent seen in the range of Arts as well as everyday garb. But especially when it comes to the Garb Challenge. There were some truly amazing works.

But as this is MY page I am going to just focus on my outfit.

Here is a picture of my final outfit AND prop.





So here is some detailed information about the props.



I came up with the idea of having a tree in a pot come with me. in folklore the goddess Mielikki was married to an Oak Tree. Obviously, he would not be able to travel with me. So I noted to the audience that his "branch manager" was tasked to come with me. And yes, it is on wheels to roll with me.



On the tree are representatives of various forest animals such as bees, owls, squirrels, and a Norwegian Forest Cat. I also have a representative Orca along with two Guard Turtles and a local Lobster.













My thanks for Yona Carmichael for videotaping the various contestants. Here is my entry:








No comments:

Post a Comment