Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chocolate, Chocolate Everywhere

REVISED: Because of the winter storm which the National Weather Service decided to name "Nemo" - the town's winter festival and our church's chocolate festival are being moved to February 22-23, 2013. I will post again about this baking adventure then - when we are actually cooking. Fortunately the only thing I had completed before the store was the fudge - and that freezes very well.




This coming weekend is my town's annual WinterFest with such diverse events as a heated dance tent, human dog sled races, a soup competition and Trivia contest. It is also time once again for my church's Chocolate Festival.

For $5 a person you can come inside and get a sample of any or all of the different chocolate treats provided mostly by the women of my church. The task is to make anything you want - as long as it includes chocolate. We then cut the offerings into small bite size pieces that can fit in a small paper cup - a little bigger than one of those paper cups you get ketchup in.

And because I must be truly nuts I am thinking of making the following for this event:

          • Fudge
          • Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake
          • German Chocolate Drop Cookies
          • Texas Picnic Cake
          • Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cake

The last item I am probably going to enter into the amateur baking contest. Partly because it is pretty good even if I say so myself, and because it is different. I do not recall anyone else I know making this. It's an easy recipe too which I have had to many years.

Hmmmmmm .....

Reading over this post I can almost feel my hips expanding and my face breakout. Let's hope that doesn't actually happen !


No comments:

Post a Comment