Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Busting my stash of UFOs

One of the local quilt bloggers I follow, and have pattern tested for previously, is once again holding her annual sewing marathon. It is similar to the idea of NaNoWriMo which I have written about before, and participated in this year. In fact I have a draft book ready to send to a publisher for review. Well, just as soon as I find the courage to hit the "Send" button on my e-mail!!

So now that I have tackled getting that project underway I thought it was time to work on my guilt complex about my sewing. And the ever growing number of unfinished projects or UnFinished Objects (UFOs) I seem to have acquired.

In fact I made up two spreadsheet pages for these items. One sheet showing projects or quilts that have already been started with a list of what still needs to  be completed. And another that is just projects I have in mind but have not yet started cutting fabric for.

But before I can get to page 2 I really need to work on page 1. So ..... 


"I, Melissa J. Dawson (quilter who is drowning in UFOs) am joining Quilting Hottie Haven's second annual DaGMT (Drop and Give Me Twenty) event, and pledge to quilt for at least 30 minutes (or until my fingers bleed) every day of the month of February, 2013. In doing so I hope to reduce my number of UFOs by either finishing them, tossing them or re-purposing them in order to reclaim my sanity and let go of the guilt of not working on them at all. (And I think Beth Helfter is brilliant for coming up with this concept and inspiring me to join - I had to add that, Beth wrote it !)."

I will be taking pictures soon of my UFOs and will keep y'all updated on my progress.


*Fingers crossed*

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy DaGMT - I'm in for 30 minutes a day! My list isn't huge but I'm hoping my accomplishments are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with DAGMT~ I am also hoping to sew 30 minutes a day! I have several things I also hope to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melissa, I got your note about having trouble adding the button. You may need to add a gadget so that you can post photos on the sidebar. If you go into where you can design your blog, you should be able to find such a thing. Look for anything about "add a gadget" and then there should be something for a photo. Click on it, paste the photo, done! Also, you are a no-reply blogger, which is why I couldn't just reply to your email. You might want to fix that in the settings as well; it helps you get more comments and more interaction! So happy you are joining us!

    ReplyDelete