Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Mind Went A Wandering ....




Here is something that most people won't talk about but almost everyone has thought about.

Their bathroom habits.
Not whether they use the paper "shields" or how much they wash their hands, but tending to this need in public. Especially at work.

We all have our own version of regular or normal. But now that I have been working for about two weeks things are .... changing. Not the sort of changes that make me think "Oh no - I need to run to the doctor" but different. Admittedly when I was home most days I really did not have much of a schedule even though I did make an attempt to maintain a regular bed time and rising time.

But truthfully the only meal I use to eat on a regular basis was dinner - both before the girls arrived and after. However I made a comittment to myself that I was going to eat lunch each day. And by that I really meant I will leave my desk each day for about 20-30 minutes and go down to the cafeteria. And I am eating lunch - usually something brought from home.

And I am walking more. At my old job it was five steps from my workstation to the file room where most of the documents I dealt with were stored. And the ladies room was about 20 steps from desk to door. At this company I am located in a different wing from my supervisor and the ladies room is even farther away (120-150 steps respectively - and YES I did count!). Which means among things I am walking more, or just overall moving more. Including the walk from back door to car, car to side door of work building, stairs then repeat at the end of the day.

AND when I wake up in the morning I feel hungry ... which for me is a new thing as well. Which means I am eating in the morning. Not Breakfast as in eggs, bacon and toast - but instant oatmeal or granola or a cereal bar. Which again is a lot more than I used to eat - or not eat. When I was home all day my only consistent intake was coffee. Which I still have each morning, however I am aware not nearly as much as I used to. I thought it would be the other way around truthfully.

All of which brings me back to my initial thought. I seem to be spending more minutes per day tending to my body's demands.

Which leads me to worry ………………

What will my boss think? Will he get annoyed if he cannot find me at my desk because I ran to the Ladies? Will his start keeping track of how many minutes a day I am away from my desk? Can you tell that I spent the last seven years working with a control freak who used to ask me each time I returned to my desk where I was?

*Sigh* Sometimes I even frighten myself with what I find my mind thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment