Sunday, July 1, 2012

Why Are There Sheep In My Garden???????



Well, I suppose the simplest explanation is because I put them there ... It wasn't as if they actually could walk up stairs themselves.


The real reason though is so they can dry off. Yes - that does mean that they were wet before. Very good  for you figuring that out on your own.

What? .... How did they get wet in the first place? Well DUH .... they had a bath. Or I mean .. *sighs* ... okay, not so much a BATH they went for a spin - literally.


Yes - there they are climbing out of their personal swimming pool. Believe me - they really NEEDED baths. See, my little lambs live in my office/studio and watch over all the activities within from their high and lofty perch:


Okay .. it is "possible" that I took some creative license with the term "high and lofty" - yes, those are the sewer pipes for the townhouse. But they ARE high!!! I should get points there at least.

Anyways ... back to the reason for the baths. One: They had not been vacuumed or washed since I acquired them at separate sales about five and seven years ago. Two: They had been discolored due to my bad habit of smoking in my office. Actually - this is the only room I did allow myself to smoke in. As a result they were very grimy, yellowed and dingy.

Now that I have quit smoking - my official stop date was May 1, 2012 - *waits for the applause and cheering to die down before I continue* - I am in the process of washing most of the items in my office/studio to rid it of the lingering smell and discoloring effects of the years of smoke.

Getting back to the sheep baths - as they are both made of real fleece, one has felt for feet and nose, the other uses a heavy cotton - I knew that putting them into the dryer was a very baaaaaaahd idea. So they got a few extra spins in their "bathtub" then out into the sun to finish the drying process.

And now, once again fluffy and clean, and smelling quite nice due to the addition of fabric softener in their rinse water - they resume their place as my mascots and overseers.











No comments:

Post a Comment