Wednesday, August 4, 2021

August 04, 2021 - Cleaning

 


I do not understand why, with all the technologies we have developed, houses are not yet self- cleaning!!

Sure – there are Roombas – but they are not practical when you live in a multi-story abode. Even if I were to install one on each level – the stairs will still be ignored. I have seen built in vacuum systems for a house where you can sweep the kitchen floor and it is sicked up through a vent in the baseboards, or those where you plug in the hoses to a wall port – but I would still be doing the floors.


And why can’t bathrooms be self-cleaning? And not in the way that some public facilities in Europe are were once you exit the entire thing is hosed down on the inside. Perhaps just a special light turns on to kill all bacteria etc when you leave and close the door.

Also, if I can buy a refrigerator that keeps inventory for me – why not one that can automatically dispose of expired and spoiled foods? Or a laundry system that sorts things sent down a chute and when a bin is full it is sent through the washing and dryer cycles.

 

Now I know some people would say that I could hire a service to do my cleaning, and install a whole house vacuum, or even purchase an automatic cat litter box, though I would still need to top of the clean litter.

 

Unfortunately, as with many things that I want, or dream of, my limiting factor is money. Automatic systems and appliances are not cheap. And even when I was working full time my budget never felt as though I could afford routine outside help.

 

So I guess it’s time for me to just hunt down a Sugar Daddy – or win the Lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment